Teens In Foster Care Celebrate Graduation
Relyea, Neil. WCPO - Cincinnati,OH, June 20, 2007.
It takes hard work and determination for anyone to graduate high school, but for 34 young adults honored on Tuesday night, it took a lot extra.
Hamilton County's foster care system celebrated the teens' triumph at the University of Cincinnati's Tangeman University Center (TUC).
Richard Robinson has been in the foster care system for the past two years.
He hopes to attend UC in the fall with plans to become a psychologist.
He says he doesn't know where he'd be if it were not for foster care.
"I really don't know," said Richardson. "I think I would have been in prison."
"It was a very fortunate thing that I got into independent living, because it enabled me to basically take care of myself and had people who really supported and cared about me," added Richardson.
Besides celebrating their graduation, it was also a chance for the graduates to learn more about college life.
Saturday, June 23, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment